Not every day is your birthday, so it’s important to invite all your friends and family to celebrate with you. Once of the best ways to quickly communicate with loved ones on your special day or theirs is through social media. Pick a special birthday Instagram caption or message and pair it with a fun birthday photo or selfie of yourself in your birthday glam. After all, it’s your birthday, and you can post a selfie if you want to. When you’re ready to get started, check out the happy birthday Instagram captions we found below. If you’re celebrating the birthday of a friend or loved one, delight them with a birthday card or make them a personalized gift. They’ll be wowed by your photos and your creativity.
Wanting to post on social media for your birthday, but not sure what to share? Creating the perfect caption is much like sending a great message in a birthday card. You’ll want to show your loved ones you care with a birthday post that summarizes how much you appreciate them and want to celebrate them on their big day. Follow the simple tips below. Bonus: these tips apply to printing photos online and customizing photo gifts or birthday gifts.
- Pick an Instagram photo from your birthday party or dinner, or a photo that represents who you are right now. Posting a photo from your celebration is a favorite for many, but for those who want to post before their party or who didn’t take any photos during their birthday, it’s great to have a backup plan. Using one of your favorite selfies, such as one important enough to use as a canvas print or piece of modern wall art, can also make a perfect birthday photo.
- Pick a caption that represents you, but is also safe to share with family. Keeping your captions appropriate will help ensure the post ages well. Put the same philosophy into practice for the captions you add to custom mugs, personalized blankets, and any custom gifts you want to give yourself on your birthday.
- Make use of the Instagram story function. Post your favorite caption to your story to let all your followers know exactly what day it is.
- For friends’ and family’s birthdays, don’t post anything too embarrassing. As fun as it may be for you, you won’t want to upset them on their birthday! Instead, pick photos that stand the test of time and they’d be proud to have displayed both online and in their home. Family birthday calendars are the perfect gift for such an occasion.
Whether for a selfie or a photo portrait, these Instagram captions make perfect additions to any birthday post. It’s your day, so you should take the time to celebrate yourself! Pick your favorite birthday Instagram captions from the options below. Then, add your favorite message to inspirational wall art, a photo canvas print, or even a personalized mug.
- Thank you, Mom for giving birth to this wonderful child.
- Blessed to see another year <3
- Keep calm and celebrate on.
- Life’s too short to not celebrate every chance you get! Happy Birthday to me!
- Surround yourself with people who are more excited for your birthday than you are.
- It’s not the years that count, it’s the memories you make over these years.
- Birthdays are incomplete without the ones who love and care for you.
- Live your life and forget your age.
Birthday Captions For Instagram Selfies
Take a selfie you love and post it on Instagram for your birthday! Show everyone that you’re thankful for another year and looking forward to celebrating with friends and family. These Instagram birthday captions are perfect for a selfie, and they range from inspirational to funny and sweet. Your friends and followers will love seeing that you’re celebrating your birthday with joy!
- Hold on to your inner child as you grow older.
- Hugs, kisses and lots of birthday wishes!
- Today is a great day cause it’s my birthday!
- Making my years count instead of counting the years.
- I hope the birthday cake is as sweet as me.
- On this day, a queen was born.
- Gonna party like it’s my birthday…’cause it is.
- Eating my cake and wearing it, too.
- Found my birthday crown.
If you’re known for your sense of humor, you’ll probably want a funny birthday caption for Instagram. Choose from those below or use them to inspire a joke all your own! Some of these funny Instagram birthday captions can also be great to add to a photo of you and a friend if you’re celebrating their birthday. Funny captions make for fun small gift ideas too, like custom photo magnets or travel mugs.
- Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the more you have the longer you live.
- Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.
- Another year older, none the wiser.
- Birthdays are just finger posts on the road of getting old.
- I’m so awesome, when I was born, I was given a certificate.
- When the candles cost more than the cake, it’s time to realize you’re getting old.
- Another year older, another year wiser? We’ll see about that.
- Well at least I am not as old as I will be next year.
- Of course, I don’t know how to act my age. I’ve never been this age before!
Looking to celebrate your boyfriend or partner’s birthday? Just look to our top picks below! These Instagram captions for a boyfriend are perfect whether you’ve recently started dating or you’ve been together for several years. Choose from funny captions that are about your relationship or simple, sweet captions that simply let everyone know it’s his birthday! They’re sure to help make his birthday one to remember.
- If you are lucky enough to find a weirdo, never let them go. A big happy birthday to my weirdo, who’s another year older, but not wiser.
- I love my crazy, goofy, sometimes stupid boyfriend and wish him a very happy birthday!
- Happy Birthday to the best boyfriend in the world. I wanted to plan you a surprise birthday party but we all know that I can’t keep a secret.
- Happy Birthday, Baby. I promise that if I get mad today, I won’t take it out on you. I’ll wait until tomorrow. Enjoy your special day.
- Have a very happy birthday from the most grateful girlfriend on the planet. I love you more than you know
- Happy Birthday to the man who makes my blood pressure rise. Love you always!
- Happy Birthday, Baby! Being your girlfriend rocks. Except on your birthday because you have expensive taste.
Your best friend has been with you through thick and thin, so it’s important to celebrate their birthday properly. Use the following Insta captions to help give their birthday post an extra special touch. You can even surprise your friend by adding a favorite photo of the two of you to piece of custom wall art that she or he can hang.
- You understand me more than I can even understand myself. I could never thank you enough for all that you have done for me. Happy Birthday to the best friend in this whole world.
- Don’t worry about your age, you will be older next year. Happy birthday!
- I’m just here for the birthday cake.
- They say it’s the thought that counts. So I thought I’d save my money instead of buying you a gift. Best wishes, happy birthday!
- Forget about your age. Just have fun! It will catch up with you later when you find that your body can’t handle your lifestyle. Enjoy your birthday!
- I’m so freakin’ happy you were born.
- Old enough to know better. Young enough to get away with it.
The following birthday Instagram captions are sorted by birthday age, just for you. Choose your favorite or use them to inspire a caption all your own. Alternatively, you can also look for the perfect happy birthday quotes for your Instagram caption. And don’t forget to order your birthday party invitations with your favorite birthday caption or quote.
22nd Birthday Instagram Captions
A 22nd birthday might not feel like a milestone, but there are plenty of quote birthday sayings you can add to an Instagram caption! Turning 22 marks a full year of being able to drink legally and another step toward being more of an “adult.” Celebrate being young but also the natural process of moving throughout your 20’s.
- I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22.
- The only thing I’m feeling is 22 beers.
- I don’t think of it as my 22nd birthday, I see it as my one year anniversary of being able to buy wine.
- Oh thank god, I still have another year until Blink-182 doesn’t like me!
- Started from the bottom now we 22.
- Cheers to 22 years.
21st Birthday Instagram Captions
Everyone’s 21st birthday is always one of the most fun to celebrate. Whether it’s you who’s turning 21 or you’re celebrating a friend, these 21st birthday Instagram captions will poke fun about being able to drink legally and moving further away from being a teenager.
- 21 and oh so fun.
- Wanna see my I.D.?
- Cheers and beers to my 21 years.
- I.D. love a drink, thanks!
- Being 21 is nothing to wine about.
- They say you stop growing once you’re out of high school, but I just outgrow my fake I.D.
20th Birthday Instagram Captions
When you turn 20, you’re officially not a teenager anymore. Entering your 20’s is a big cause for celebration to commemorate getting older and beginning to learn more about yourself as well as life! These 20th birthday Instagram captions are perfect for a silly photo or a beautiful selfie to share with everyone.
- You have no excuse to act stupid. You’re not a teenage anymore, and you’re not old enough to drink.
- I can think of 20 reasons you should have a good birthday.
- You look so much older than you did last year when you were a teenager.
- You are the youngest 20-year-old I know.
- 20 looks pretty good on me!
19th Birthday Captions For Instagram
Turning 19 can be a bittersweet time since it’s your last year as a teenager. Celebrate the right way with these fun birthday quotes about feeling young and enjoying the end of your teenage years. Your friends, family, and followers will love seeing these captions on your selfies or birthday celebration photos!
- Some would say you’re at an awkward stage: You’re an adult, but still not out of your teens. But you’re never this young again! Happy Birthday, enjoy it!
- It took 19 years to get this awesome.
- Enjoy your last teenage year, kid!
- Cheesin’ because I’m 19!
- They day 19 is just a filler birthday, so let’s fill it with an awesome party!
18th Birthday Instagram Captions
When you turn 18, you’re technically an adult! Though it might not feel like it yet, you’re taking some big steps toward adulthood. Celebrate the exciting but weird feeling of getting older by using some of these Instagram caption ideas. Whether you’re getting ready for graduations, college, or new jobs this year, these birthday quotes capture all the excitement around turning 18!
- 18 doesn’t feel much different, but it sure is fun to say!
- From now on I can have ice cream for dinner whenever I want to!
- Lean, mean, eighteenth-birthday-having machine.
- Bringing bigger dreams to 18.
- Guess who’s a legal adult?
17th Birthday Captions For Instagram
Turning 17 means there’s a lot to be proud of! As you’re getting closer to wrapping up high school, celebrate your birthday with these unique Instagram captions. Everyone will love celebrating with you online, and we bet you’ll get a ton of likes on your birthday posts!
- Old enough to know better but still young enough to get away with it.
- Dancing Queen at 17.
- Enjoy your last year before you’re legally an adult! It comes with all of the responsibility and none of the fun!
- Happy birthday to a teen on the edge of 17!
- Hugs, kisses, and 17 birthday wishes.
16th Birthday Instagram Captions
Your sweet 16 is when you truly start feeling like an adult! Celebrate your advancement in life and new opportunities with a cute Instagram post and birthday caption. Your friends will love seeing if you got a new car or just being involved in your big 16th birthday celebration.
- 16 Candles has nothing on me!
- I really auto get a car now.
- Putting the ‘sweet’ in sweet sixteen.
- You only turn 16 once, but I promise to be sweet forever.
- Queen of Sixteen.
- Keep calm and sweet sixteen on.
Resources Related to Birthday Instagram Captions
If you liked these birthday Instagram captions, you may be looking for related content. Besides using the above caption suggestions and your birthday photos to create a perfect birthday card or photo book, or reading about the best birthday invitation wording tips, check out: