Don’t let another holiday season go by without telling your friends, colleagues, neighbors, and family members how much they mean to you. Whether you’re grateful for your old college roommate and all the years you’ve kept in touch, your colleagues for making those late nights more fun, or your family for always having your back, be sure to send them a holiday message. Sending holiday cards will get your loved ones in the festive holiday mood and let your friends and family know how you’ve been doing over the past year. If you’re stuck trying to figure out what to write in your Christmas card, we have heartfelt messages for family members, appropriate notes to send to your team at work, and a surplus of holiday-themed jokes for friends.
Skip straight to the section you want below:
Before You Begin: Find the Perfect Holiday Card
Sending photo holiday cards is a tradition unto itself. Take one or more of the memorable holiday sayings or quotes below and add it to a custom photo card you can send to everyone on your list. This year, our independent, artisan designers have created an unrivaled holiday card assortment—all of which can be printed on sustainably-forested cardstock and produced with renewable wind power. Explore our:
Step by Step: What to Write in a Holiday Card
During the hectic time of the year between Thanksgiving dinner and New Year’s Eve, we all somehow find time to send festive well-wishes in the form of photo holiday cards. The steps below will help you write flawless Happy Holidays messages no matter whom you’re writing to or how little time you have.
- Wish the card recipient a “Happy Holidays!” You can never go wrong by extending a warm greeting and this traditional, festive saying—Happy Holidays—is the perfect way to jumpstart your holiday card message.
- Include a short, thoughtful holiday card saying. Choose a message that best suits you as well as your recipients to ensure that each greeting is special. Make sure to tailor your saying to your recipient.
- If you’re close to the recipient, you can write a personal holiday card message. Use nicknames, inside jokes, and treasured memories when writing your Merry Christmas wishes to friends, family, or anyone else close to you. Taking a few extra minutes to customize these cards will absolutely warm the hearts of your recipients.
- If you’re writing a business holiday card, make sure your message is cheerful, yet appropriate. Show your clients, customers, and employees just how much you appreciate them with a sincere corporate holiday card or Christmas card message. No matter how big or small your company or organization may be, a gratitude-filled holiday card is the best way to thank those you’ve done business with. Be mindful of the words you select and make sure your greeting reflects your business values.
- Pick a few funny holiday sayings to include in your greeting. Give the gift of laughter this season by sharing funny holiday sayings with your card recipients. Select an appropriate saying you know will reach your card recipients well and be mindful of jokes or phrases that may be offensive. It’s always a good idea to make those near and dear to you smile this season.
- Mix in a few holiday quotes to capture the magic of the season. Holiday quotes are often inspirational and have the power to bring the season to life along with your holiday wishes. The carefully-chosen words of famous authors and poets can be the perfect way to spread some holiday spirit.
- Add your signature at the end of your holiday greeting. You took the time to design a custom holiday greeting card and write a message personalized to your friends and family members, so don’t forget to sign the card and let everyone know who it’s from.
Holiday Card Wishes
With the perfect holiday card saying, you’ll not only spread joy but also show those close to you just how much you care. In fact, crafting a personalized sentiment on one of our Christmas photo cards will allow you to turn your family’s special memories into a keepsake to share. Use one of the wishes below to add some jingle to your holiday greeting.
- Wishing you all of the hope, wonder, and joy that the season can bring!
- Warmest wishes of the season from our family to yours.
- May your holidays be filled with warmth and cheer.
- Let us cherish family and friends this holiday season.
- Wishing you a season filled with warm moments and cherished memories.
- Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a very happy New Year.
- Holiday greetings and best wishes for a New Year of happiness in a world of peace.
- The gift of love, the gift of peace, the gift of happiness—may these be yours this holiday season.
- Hope this season is packed with fun!
- Whatever is beautiful, whatever is meaningful, whatever brings you happiness—may it be yours this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
- May your home be filled with all the joys of the season.
- Wishing you comfort, hope, and joy for the holidays and always.
- Wishing you the gift of faith and the blessing of hope.
- With all good wishes to you and your family for health and happiness throughout the coming year.
- Have a warm and cozy holiday.
- May your holidays be filled with joyful noise.
- From our home to yours.
- Joy! Joy! Joy!
- Let music fill the air; let joy be everywhere!
- To a joyful present and a well-remembered past. Best wishes for Happy Holidays.
Business Holiday Card Messages
For professionals, and as the business world accelerates around the holidays, it’s important to thank the people who make it all happen and make it so rewarding. Use one of our helpful business holiday card messages to build your business relationships, thank clients and colleagues, and spread your Season’s Greetings.
- Wishing you a Happy Holiday and a joyful New Year. Best wishes from your friends at [company name].
- Happy Holidays and warm wishes for 2023!
- Wishing you a wonderful holiday season.
- Wishing you a bright 2023 from your friends at [company name].
- Wishing you a Happy New Year! We hope it’s your best year ever.
- May this good cheer last throughout the year.
- We appreciate your business and wish you the best in the coming year.
- May the holiday spirit be with you and your family today and throughout the New Year.
- We’re so glad to have you as a client and look forward to serving you in the future.
- The end of the year brings no greater joy than the opportunity to express to you season’s greetings and good wishes. May your holidays and New Year be filled with joy.
- As the holiday season is upon us, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and those who have helped to shape our business. It’s been quite a year for us all! We hope that 2023 has been just as memorable for you, your colleagues and your loved ones. We look forward to working with you in the years to come.
- During this season, we take time to reflect upon the good things we have—like our partnership with you. We appreciate working with you and hope that the holidays and the coming year will bring you happiness and success.
- As we look back upon the past year, we would like to acknowledge those who have helped us shape our business. Thanks for a great year, and we wish you all the best as you embark on 2023.
- At this special time of year, we give thanks for clients like you who have made our jobs easier and our lives more fulfilling. Thank you for being you. From all of us at [company name].
- We would like to express our sincerest appreciation for the trust you have placed in us and best wishes for the holidays.
- This holiday season, we are looking back with appreciation for your loyalty and looking forward to moving into the New Year together.
Funny Holiday Card Sayings
Show off your witty personality with your holiday greeting card this year by adding one of the funny holiday sayings below. Adding a funny quote to your holiday or Christmas card will bring a smile to everyone’s face and get them in the jolly mood for the holiday season. These chuckle-worthy messages are perfect for your fun-loving friends—plus, they pair well with funny Christmas card photos (we know you have some).
- Know what the best thing about this card is? It doesn’t come with a fruitcake!
- It’s the holiday season. Let the overeating begin.
- Holiday cheer recipe: Combine loads of good wishes, a heart full of love and armfuls of hugs. Sprinkle with laughter and garnish with mistletoe.
- I can’t tell if it’s the joyous holiday season or the spiked eggnog, but there’s no one else I’d rather be single and not mingling with through the winter.
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving day.
- This Christmas let’s try to keep things in proper perspective. After all, credit cards do have their limits.
- It’s all fun and games until Santa checks the naughty list.
- Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.
- Hope your holiday’s filled with plenty of ho-ho-ho!
- Eat, Drink, Be Merry. Repeat as needed and have an awesome holiday!
- Merry Christmas to someone who’s definitely on my “nice” list!
- Hope this holiday season decks your halls with lots of merry!
- ‘Tis the season to get tipsy! Cheers to a wonderful Christmas!
- Wishing you whatever jingles your bells!
- Meowy Christmas!
- Happy Pawlidays!
Order A Festive Holiday Card (or Mug) For Those Funny Sayings
The clever, side-splitting sayings above—including classics like wishing you whatever jingles your bells and it’s all fun and games until Santa checks the naughty list—are perfect additions to any holiday card, Christmas card, or New Year’s card, but many of them would also work their magic just as well on a holiday-themed mug or candle as a gift to your favorite sister, neighbor, or far-flung friend. Humorous holiday sayings like these also make for great holiday home décor—accents that can, in the form of an affordable photo tile, charm your foyer or living room wall and your guests. Simply choose a design style that appeals to you, click personalize, select a layout that accommodates photos and text (or just text), and add your holiday-themed bit of hilarity to your custom work of art.
There’s nothing like a holiday-themed quote to spruce up your holiday cards. Simply choose a text or text and photo layout for the back of your flat holiday or Christmas card or the inside of your folded card, and cut and paste a quote below. You might even add one of these pithy sayings to the front of your card with one of our write your own greeting holiday cards or, in the case, perhaps, of Ellen’s line—nothing says holidays like a cheese log—a holiday coffee mug. Any holiday quote you choose—from philosophers, literary figures, TV personalities, and even kings—will get your loved ones inspired and in the holiday spirit.
- “I am grateful for what I am and have. My Thanksgiving is perpetual.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” -William Arthur Ward
- “Christmas is a time when you get homesick—even when you’re home.” -Carol Nelson
- “Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” -Dale Evans
- “Colorful candles burning bright, each lit on eight very special nights.” -Anonymous
- “Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame. Blessed is the flame that burns in the secret fastness of the heart.” -Hannah Senesh
- “Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” -Alexander the Great
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year.” -Victor Borge
- “You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” -Maya Angelou
- “There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus.” -Bob Phillips
- “Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.” -Mary Ellen Chase
- “All holidays can be good times.” -John Clayton
- “Nothing says holidays like a cheese log.” -Ellen DeGeneres
- “We need a six month holiday, twice a year.” -Anonymous
- “I find that it’s the simple things that remind you of family around the holidays.” -Amy Adams